Hope Ya'll Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Momma said sharing is caring...

Does that include germs? HAHA! So, as you all know we have entered flu season. It has been one heck of a ride in my home. Kids,Hubby and myself are just passing it back and forth like a volleyball! WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?! 


Okay, okay... to get on a more serious level, I want to break down the many different ways we can show our kids we care by sharing. :)


First and foremost, we can share our time. I think most of us know first hand how difficult it is to have a parent who was not entirely invested in you as a child. There are many different reasons, maybe your Dad worked alot? Maybe your Mom was a single parent and didn't have the means to spend alot of time with you. No matter what the situation may be... there are still many ways we can show our kids (and each other, for that matter) that we care. Sharing our time with someone is important, but how you spend that time you share could be the key! Perhaps you will share thoughts, reminisce on old times. Perhaps you will share laughter and have fun. Perhaps you will share tears, hug and comfort one another. I think the biggest thing we share in my house is FEELINGS... yeah, I said it! Now, you men... don't get scared yet! Sharing your feelings is not always such a dreadful thing! ;) Especially when in regards to your children. Kids need to talk and express how they are feeling, they need the basic skills of communication in order to function in this life. And guess whose job it is to teach it to them?!?! DING DING DING! It's YOU! By letting our kids know that we are willing to share our (sometimes limited) time with them, they will be willing to share their confused, babbled, mess of feelings with us. 


Have you ever had your child come to you in confidence? Confide in you something that they were thinking and feeling? I am sure you have... doesn't it FEEL good? Doesn't it make you feel special that they would choose YOU to share those thoughts and feelings with? Ofcourse it does!!!!! As humans we have a basic need to feel wanted and loved... and NOTHING shows us that more than having someone we care about spend their time with us. Your kids will not remember how much money you made when they were 10 years old, they WILL remember how much time you spent together. I understand that this is not possible for everyone and I feel truly grateful to be able to spend the time I can with my girls. However, this is why we should make limited time even more intimate and special for them. Our kids need to feel needed JUST as much, if not more than we do. Strange huh? That our children would need us to need them? Not at all... after all... they are HUMAN too ;)




"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."  ~Stacia Tauscher






And I encourage ya'll to share your love. Just love. After all, it is all we need. 


AshleyD

2 comments:

  1. Miss Ashley D,

    I have been following your blog for three(?) days now and I have to tell you. They make me mushy!

    As a now grown woman who prides herself on having a wonderful relationship with fantastic parents...who, just so happened to have made a great many mistakes and were less than perfect. Your blogs are a reminder of everything they did right. I thank you for reminding me of those things.

    Well done, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :) Yay!!! Thank you so much Sookie Lee <3

    ReplyDelete