Hope Ya'll Enjoy!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Momma said life is too short, have fun while you can...

SO! In light of this statement, I am going to let my girls spend the night in a tent outside in our yard. :) HAHA! I honestly do not think they will last the night. My main concern is them disturbing the neighbors, but in all honesty... it is Friday, they can deal ;) (JK, guys, I love ya'll)

I remember when I was young, my Brother would camp outside all the time. I was the only girl and the youngest in my entire family and was never allowed to participate. I was always SO upset over this discrimination. I think I heard every possible excuse in the book, "You are too young", "You are a girl", "It's too cold",  "Too many boys"... BLAH BLAH BLAH. I used to think that my parents hated me. LOL. Seriously! I was the one who always got jipped out of all the fun stuff! My Brother, Josh, (God bless him) was always going to skating rinks and bowling alleys and I was the one who got to stay at home with my Mom. As a child, I resented this SO MUCH. As an adult, I am so thankful that I had that time with my Mom. She always tried her best to make things fun for me. She would read with me, play barbies with me, we would spend hours cutting up construction paper and making Indian villages! (I loved making the tents). These are the memories I hold onto. These are the things that I remember most. I am so very grateful for every single one of these memories now.

I hope that I am doing what I can to create memories like these with my girls. I hope that a simple night in the yard will live on in their memories forever. I hope that when they smell sugar cookies and pizza, they reminisce of better days. I hope that they put forth the same effort with their children to create such important memories. I hope that they learn home is not just a place, it is indeed where the heart is... and ofcourse, it is where MOM is ;)

I will post pics tomorrow of the girls fun night in the tent! For today, have a good one and I'll see ya'll soon.

AshleyD

1 comment: