Hope Ya'll Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Momma said everything happens for a reason...

I am truly starting to believe in this statement. 2010 has quite literally been one of the worst years of my life, sorry to complain, but it is terribly true. It started off with my Mother's triple bypass surgery causing conjestive heart failure which lead to her death in February. It then proceeded into the loss of my husband's job... which was just an awful devastation. Struggling like we have never struggled before, finances and death forcing a nasty wedge between our family. Many other things happened that I would rather not go into detail about, but you catch my drift, right? 2010 SUCKS! Well, over the years, I have learned that it is when we are most "down" that God throws us a bone, puts a little light at the end of our tunnel. This year, for me... that light has been family.

I hadn't seen or spoken to my Mother's family in about 5 years, since her death I have seen them and rekindled a relationship with all of them. My daughter's got to meet their extended family and it elated me! Then something even more amazing happened, my Father (whom I hadn't seen or spoken to in almost 12 years) got a hold of me. We have since, formed an amazing bond and relationship. Yet again, I was blessed and Skyler had someone in her life that I never thought she would have! Then just yesterday, I went with my Dad over to my Grandmother's house (whom I hadn't seen in 13 years). Skyler adored her, Sierra adored her. I found myself completely overjoyed. Despite all that has happened this year, all the heart ache and strain we have been under, I truly feel as though the suffering was worth it. I have a family again! Something I never thought I would ever have. Something I cried about, something I longed for with every ounce of my being. Skyler will now grow up with family, with people who truly love her and truly want what is best for her.

As I reflect on this year, this horrible mess of an emotional roller coaster of a year... I feel at peace. My Mother may not have been here to watch Skyler grow, but I truly believe that she paved the way for this family to rekindle. I have heard a million times that God works in mysterious way, and I am noone to question why. What I have learned this year is that there is always a ray of hope. And in every heartache we face, there is ALWAYS a silver lining.


Skyler and My Dad. Oct. 2010


-Momma Ash

1 comment: